Rosebery Fine Art Limited (“Roseberys”) and Vertu Fine Art Ltd (“Vertu at Roseberys”) are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of both our personal and corporate clients.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controllers are Roseberys (a company incorporated in England on the 30 April 1987 with the company number Registered in England 06772322), whose principal place of business is 70/76 Knights Hill, West Norwood, London, SE27 0JD, and Vertu at Roseberys (a company incorporated in England on the 7 August 2014 with the company number Registered in England 09165181, whose principal place of business is 84 Knights Hill, West Norwood, London, SE27 0JD)
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our websites beta.roseberys.co.uk and www.vertuatroseberys.co.uk (“our sites”) and information given in hard copy form, or by any other means. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, purchasing items through our sites, subscribing to receive email or SMS alerts, or completing an online form on our site. We may also ask for and collect information when you report a problem with our sites.
- When appropriate we may collect your credit information, and or a copy of your photographic identification.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also collect and store the results of surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our sites, including time and date, items ordered and payment details.
- Details of your visits to our sites including, but not limited to, time, location data, your IP address and your browser type and operating system.
- We may store information on your collecting interests so that we can inform you of relevant products and services.
- We may collect and aggregate information about your computer, including where available your operating system and browser type, for system administration and website analytics. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We may identify you by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer.
Cookies enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To remember your session identification, thereby maintaining your session while you are logged in to our site.
- To store the contents of your shopping basket (“my basket”.)
All of our online transactions are processed securely by our merchant service providers Streamline Merchant Services and SagePay. We do not store your credit/debit card information ourselves. Your credit card number will be encrypted when your order is placed, or you settle an invoice online, using SSL encryption software. Our merchant providers then inform us, via the encryption system, the outcome of that transaction.
YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping your password confidential. We will never ask you to disclose your password and we ask you not to share your password with any third party. We cannot be responsible for any loss or damage caused by your negligence, misuse of log-in details or your decision to share account access with others.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Information you provide to us is stored on our servers or those of our sub-contractors. We and our sub-contractors will take reasonable steps to protect your information. Any payment transactions, or the submission of credit or debit card details, will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a user ID and password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping your user ID and password confidential. We ask you not to share your user ID and password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE US
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented or otherwise agreed to be contacted for such purposes e.g. through registering to bid with us, or as otherwise provided in this policy.
- If you choose to provide information to us regarding your interests and/or preferences we may send you content based on the information that you have provided to us. We may use the information provided by you to display information about products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. We do not share this information with any other third party.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To supply other third parties with the required information (including credit card details) for the purposes of payment.
Under no circumstances will we pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes.
- If you register on either of our websites, or you register to bid with either Roseberys or Vertu at Roseberys, we may use your data to provide you with information about goods and services supplied by us which may be of interest to you, and we may contact you about these by post, email or by SMS message.
- If you do not wish to receive communication from us you can opt-out of the communication at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of Rosebery Fine Art Ltd or Vertu Fine Art Ltd from time to time. We may disclose your personal information to third parties or to our suppliers, or by law, where necessary.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Roseberys or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Roseberys ensure all reasonable and appropriate steps are taken to protect the security and integrity of the personal information you provide to us via our website, or by any other means electronic or otherwise.
We will protect any personal information provided to us by you against any unauthorised physical or electronic access. The security measures we undertake include electronic firewall and other protection procedures involving virus scanning, security patches, vulnerability testing, backup and recovery planning, employee training, security audits and other steps designed to secure your data.
Roseberys cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted through the internet or through a computer network. This data is not protected from unauthorised intrusion, access or manipulation. We accept no liability for information revealed due to faults or unauthorised access by third parties. If we believe your personal data has been in any way compromised we will notify you immediately.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of auctioneers, industry associations, our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
LENGTH OF STORAGE
Roseberys and Vertu at Roseberys will only hold information on our systems for as long as is necessary.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by leaving certain boxes unchecked on the forms we use to collect your data or by amending your details online. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at:
70/76 Knights Hill
Or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you by us. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.